Benefits of Stock ThroughPut Insurance
There are many risks that threaten your organisation when it transports or stores cargo. To protect your business, you can buy insurance for each individual risk that may occur , but that could leave your organisation exposed to potential gaps. Rather than purchasing multiple policies, you only have to purchase one.
Stock throughput (STP) policies, also known as all risks marine cargo polices, combine marine transit and storage risks. Sometimes referred to as cradle-to grave-cover , STP policies cover raw materials from the source of production to their final destination. Cargo is typically covered anywhere in the world, at all locations , including when the cargo is being held by subcontractors . The value of this type of policy is its seamlessness it helps you avoid potential duplication and gaps in cover that can occur if you were to insure the transport and storage of your cargo with multiple policies. It also offers a single reference point in the event of a claim.
Stock throughput policies are created to suit your needs and offer a number offer a number of important benefits, which may include the following:
- Eliminate gaps.Rather than purchasing several policies with different premiums, excesses and insurers. STP offers a single, seamless policy, which eliminates any gaps in cover.
- Reduces administration. Generally , your organisation would not have to meet shipment or location reporting requirements, which saves you time. In addition, you can base your premium on a single rate applied to sales turnover.
- Lowers premium spending. Purchasing a single policy rather than several affords your organisation bulk purchasing power, which generally results in a lower premium.
- Allow you to store your goods indefinitely . No matter how long your cargo may sit in storage, it will stay protected under the policy.
- Offers competitive stock excess. Generally, stock excesses are lower in the cargo market.
- Promises a simpler claims experience. With one policy rather than several STP promises streamlined claims settlement.
- Provides beneficial stock limits. With a stock throughput policy, your cargo is covered at any one location, which alleviates the need for named location limits.
- Provide flexibility in your policy. You control which exposures you’d like covered based on your individual circumstances. The result is a bespoke policy tailored to your specific needs.
2018 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.